F. Senault wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> Python seems to be used as a scripting language by quite a few big games
> (I'm playing Civilization IV currently, and I remember at least one of
> the Vampire CRPG uses it too).
>
> I was wonderering if a game maker had considered using Ruby ?  Wouldn't
> that be a nice way to showcase the language ?
>
> Fred
> --
> Oh my life is changing everyday
> Every possible way
> Though my dreams, it's never quite as it seems
> Never quite as it seems                         (The Cranberries, Dream)

I never heard of game companies use Ruby to program games before. But
there are game development libraries like Rubygame and Gosu.

There are quite a few people using Ruby to help develop games..
However, I do not yet notice a really good open source game programmed
entirely or mainly in Ruby. Maybe we will see such a game in the
future.

Other than that, I develop my own open source game entirely in Ruby and
recently started using Rubygame.