> I am starting work on a port of one of my company's Visual Foxpro
> based applications to Ruby tomorrow.  One thing that just struck me today
> was the fact that there are three main class libraries at present.

	Very cool.

> If I put each entire library into its own file, then people will be doing
> cvs merges all of the time because it is likely they will be editing
> in the same file.

	Would you rather have them edit one monolithic file, or a bunch
of smaller files?  What do you see as the problem, if any, with smaller
files?  I personally vote smaller files... in this case, three:  one for
each class (makes documentation easier via rubydoc, ex: rubydoc
Apache::Request).

> Is it better to put classes into their own files, when it isn't clear
> how to group them into smaller chunks than a large file?  What are you
> all doing for multi-developer Ruby projects in CVS?

	I personally stick each class in its own file.  It makes for
easier testing and if I need to reduce the number of files for some
reason, then I can pretty easily.  Going from a large file to smaller
files strikes me as more problematic.

--
Sean Chittenden