On Sun, Aug 13, 2006 at 03:54:42AM +0900, Rick DeNatale wrote:

> For the newbies, note that %w{a b c} is an array literal equivalent to
> ["a", "b", "c"] but more sparing on the fingers pushing the keys.

Something I've been wondering for a while, now . . .

Is there any particular reason that the traditional approach seems to be
to use %w{a b c} rather than %w[a b c] (the latter of which seems even
more sparing of the fingers)?

"There comes a time in the history of any project when it becomes necessary
to shoot the engineers and begin production." - MacUser, November 1990