Good morning,

I'm a ruby on rails newby and trying to figure out how I can execute a star
schema query like this.

select generators.Unit,
       thedates.weekday_name,
       hours.thehour,
       sum(generatorfacts.revenue)
from
       generatorfacts,
       generators,
       thedates,
       hours
where
 generatorfacts.hour_id = hours.id and
 generatorfacts.thedate_id = thedates.id and
 generatorfacts.generator_id = generators.id and
 thedates.weekday_name = 'Monday'
group by generators.Unit,thedates.weekday_name,hours.thehour
having sum(generatorfacts.rtrevenue) > 0

This is a standard data warehouse type, star schema query.

I've been reading and trying things in script console but I'm hoping someone
out there can give me a head start.
I'm as far using has_many :through, and belongs_to in my models. I've also
heard that someone named Ken Kunz is developing an acts_as_fact plugin which
may be just what I need. Can anybody walk me through how I would approach
this?

Regards,
Anthony