Interop between different dynamic languages was one thing that we
spent some time talking about at the recent Ruby + .NET summit (Wilco
Bauwer of IronRuby, myself, and John Gough of Ruby.NET) along with Jim
Hugunin of IronPython and Paul Vick of VB.

While there are lots of nasty corner cases in doing interop with a
statically typed VM like the CLR, I think there are even more nasty
corner cases in doing interop across dynamic languages. One thing that
we would really like to come up with is some kind of a spec along the
lines of the CLS (Common Language Specification) for statically typed
languages. That is, if you want interop across dynamic language
libraries (e.g. consuming Python code in Ruby) that there is a certain
minimum set of features that your libraries will use *and restrict
themselves to using* if they want to play nicely with others.

But one thing at a time - I think that it's important to get interop
with the static libraries working well to start with. And with
features like generics, it just makes my life a living hell :)

-John
http://www.iunknown.com