On 8/11/06, barjunk <barjunk / attglobal.net> wrote:
> Are folks just using net/ldap or are there some other ldap libraries
> that folks prefer?
>
> What I'd like is to be able to bind to the server then make multiple
> queries, modifications, etc.

According to what Francis has told me, it should be possible to do
that with Net::LDAP, although internally it will connect and
disconnect as necessary. It is my understanding -- which could be
wrong -- that LDAP connections are rarely persistent and require
rebinding in any case, but Net::LDAP should be hiding this from you.

Net::LDAP is the only *pure* Ruby LDAP library in existence right now.
The main other way of connecting to LDAP is with ruby-ldap (or is it
ldap-ruby?) which uses bindings to a C library and requires compiling
to use.

-austin
               * austin / zieglers.ca