On Aug 11, 2006, at 1:40 PM, Suraj N. Kurapati wrote:

> James Edward Gray II wrote:
>> On Aug 11, 2006, at 7:58 AM, Ruby Quiz wrote:
>>
>>>     - Try to fill the biggest board you can with this script, in a
>>>       reasonable amount of time (let's say 48 hours minus
>>> scripting time)
>>
> [timings for 6x6 square snipped]
>
> Here's what I get, although I'm sure we have different hardware. :)

<timings snipped>

Mine did 50x50 in

real    0m0.516s
user    0m0.473s
sys     0m0.013s

on it's third attempt. it fails sometimes (i guess i could have it
loop and keep trying until it gets a good run). i haven't written
printing out a pretty board though (using pp is no good over about
15x15, at least with the defaults)

i tried 500x500 a few times and it failed them all. 500x500 should be
easy though, for a smarter algorithm. you could treat it like a bunch
of smaller games with a requirement that you end near a certain edge.

-- Elliot Temple
http://www.curi.us/blog/