On 8/10/06, Pavel Smerk <smerk / fi.muni.cz> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have sslized webrick server, but I'd like to have some parts of server
>   accessible even without ssl. I've tried to search web and groups, but
> I haven't found anything --- any suggestions, how to get ssl and nonssl
> servlets on the same port?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> P.

what I think you're proposing is not usually done for web sites. Do
you want to open a server port and have it automatically detect an
SSL/TLS client-hello so you can do an SSL handshake if present, and
simply serve the connection with no encryption otherwise? If you do
that, then how do you ensure that people will use encryption on the
sensitive pages? It's a lot of additional logic to make that happen.
Just use two ports.