Caleb Clausen wrote:
-snip-
> All right. I'm looking at it. Based on what I'm seeing on your
> website, I'll make the following statements.

Thank you for taking the trouble.

-snip-
> (Provided we undestand that this benchmark is testing the performance
> of an arbitrary algorithm, not the performance that a real program
> using random numbers in a given language would experience.)

Maybe you could explain a little more - if someone was using one of
those programs to generate Fasta files for program testing and
algorithm development in their lab, would that make it a real program
rather than an arbitrary algorithm? What do you say the difference is
between a real program and an arbitrary algorithm?