On 8/10/06, vasudevram <vasudevram / gmail.com> wrote:

> I saw somewhere on the Net recently that wxRuby development is slow or
> stopped - not sure why, and unlike wxPython - though both wxRuby and
> wxPython are based on the same underlying wxWindows/wxWidgets C++
> cross-platform GUI toolkit).

wxRuby development is slow (at times), but definitely not stopped.

FXRuby is probably a good choice for you to check out if you need to
get started with something right now. As GUI toolkits for Ruby go,
it's relatively mature and stable. Other good choices to check out are
Ruby/GTK and Ruby/Qt (in addition to the previously mentioned
Ruby/Tk).