Hi --

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Jim Weirich wrote:

> John Lam wrote:
>> I think that if we do go ahead with this that it will have to be in
>> such a way that we set realistic expectations for folks attending in
>> SL as well as working within the constraints of the technology.
>
> I'm still wondering what exactly the SL folks will be getting out of the
> conference.  I'm assuming there will be an audio feed.  Will there be a
> video feed as well?  How about slides, will they be visable?   What kind
> of interaction will there be between attendees and the SL folk?  Between
> presenter and SL folk?

I think we're just going to be recording the event, not streaming it.
(See my other post regarding not having extra sets of AV equipment in
the venue.)  As for interaction between people who are there and
people who aren't: the whole thing is conceived and planned and
executed as an in-person event (a format we do not consider obsolete
:-) and we're really not looking for ways to make it transparently
available in real time to people who aren't there.  I could imagine
planning a "virtual" gathering, and that it could be quite
interesting, but RubyConf isn't it.

David

   ----> SEE SPECIAL DEAL FOR RUBY/RAILS USERS GROUPS! <-----
http://dablog.rubypal.com        => D[avid ]A[. ]B[lack's][ Web]log