Austin Ziegler wrote:
> On 8/8/06, Isaac Gouy <igouy / yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Austin, I knew I could rely on you!
>
> Certainly I'll post in response as long as you're going to shill
> something as worthless as the shootout.
>
> I'm not surprised when Ruby shows up relatively fast; the choice of
> algorithm almost always beats out the choice of language.
>
> I'm just surprised it took you so long in the thread to start pushing
> the shootout so hard. You're usually not so restrained before your
> shilling starts.
>
> -austin
> --
> Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com * http://www.halostatue.ca/
>                * austin / halostatue.ca * http://www.halostatue.ca/feed/
>                * austin / zieglers.ca

And I doubt you're surprised when Ruby shows up relatively slow; on the
same algorithm. Language implementation technique almost always beats
out the choice of language - YARV.

But it isn't /your/ lack of surprise that's at issue, it's the
apparently genuine surprise of the OP - "It's the degree of speed up
that I felt that people are overlooking"

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/msg/566de4c66255dda0