Hi

First off, thanks for letting me be a Ruby noob. I've read most of the
Pickaxe book and most of Why's guide (whee it's in PDF now) and I am
getting comfortable w/ Ruby. Coming from a long Java background I tend
to try and find similarities of things in Ruby to things in Java, simply
to try and 'get' them better.

Modules have messed me up a bit but here's what I understand. (I'm the
only Ruby guy at my office so I have no-one to throw these questions off
of).

Modules in effect 'wrap functionality', they have no other purpose than
to package up code that can be used/imported/inlined into other code and
classes. Since you can't instantiate them, they do nothing by
themselves. They are part of a greater whole.

That being said.. could they be seen (From a functional standpoint) as
an abstract class? In other words, they are a piece of 'incomplete'
functionality that we must implement / use and build on but we can't use
by themselves.

Thanks for your time.

P.S. Do you package Modules in a different place than actual classes? (I
still live like a java programmer and put all my classes in their own
file.)