------art_15225_9502439.1155141301706

Hey folks,

I'm knocking together a Rock, Paper, Scissors Ruby script to teach myself
more Ruby deliciousness, and I've got it working, except I want to compare a
variable to an array element (one of ["R", "P", "S"]) and have the program
die if it doesn't match up.

Here's the relevant part of my script (note the rochambo function is defined
earlier in the script, and is really verbose, so I clipped it out):

choices  w{R P S}
puts "Your choice? R,P,S"
userchoice  ets.chomp.upcase
computerchoice  hoices[rand(choices.length)]
puts "You picked " + userchoice + "!"
puts "Computer picked " + computerchoice + "!"
puts "FIGHT!"
rochambo(userchoice, computerchoice)

Basically I want to have the program die if the userchoice variable doesn't
equal one of the elements in the choices array, and it should be easy, but I
am hitting my head against a wall.

jf

------art_15225_9502439.1155141301706--