Francis Cianfrocca wrote:
> The simple fact that people use
> TDD effectively in the agile world shows that there is something to
> this: you're writing code-objects that are designed to be testable.
> Well, I'd like to discover what are the best practices for writing
> code-objects that designed to be distributable and composable.
Well, the "big deal" these days is Robin Milner's "Pi Calculus", which
is an extension of his Calculus of Communicating Systems (CCS) to
include "mobile" processes. It's essentially a process algebra. As you
might expect, it imposes some heavy declaration burdens on the
programmer in return for being able to prove properties about one's
code. Still, it's getting a lot of hype -- i.e., companies are being
started to "productize" it, etc.