gabriele renzi wrote:
> Francis Cianfrocca ha scritto:
 > notice that to proof some properties of a program you don't
necessarily
> need a functional language.
> For example, you may love to take a look at Spark[1], a statically
> verifiable subset of Ada, or at Vault[2].

I'm not surprised that someone would mention Diana, the Ada subset with
a formal semantics. People have been working on things like this for
decades, and all of the work is interesting. However, I'm more
interested in the economic value of high-quality software. And the
economic dimensions include such things as widespread availability of
reasonably-priced talent, high productivity, good stability in
production, etc. I think that because of Rails, Ruby may be poised to
break out into the programming mainstream, which is interesting because
of Ruby's underappreciated potential to fundamentally improve the
dynamics of software delivery.

Auguri Gabriele, e ti ringrazio per aver scritto ;-)