manowarrior wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm new to programming at all... and I suck at maths. Plus, I'm 16
> years old.
> My questions are:
> 1) Is Ruby a good language to start with?
> 2) Do I need lots of math to become a good programmer?
> 3) What tutorial or a book will you suggest me, if you think that I can
> start learning?
>
> Thank you.
> I hope this message is not spam for your newsgroup.

Hello!

Yes, Ruby is a good language to learn as your first language. (It's not
the only one, but it's a good one.) You don't need lots of math to learn
programming but generally speaking the more math you learn the more
kinds of programs you can write. Math and computer programming are
closely related, and many kinds of interesting programs, such as games,
can require significant math knowlege.

There are two good online tutorials for learning to program with Ruby.
They're very different, so check out both of them to see which one you
like better:

"Learn To Program" http://pine.fm/LearnToProgram/?Chapter=00
"why's (poignant) guide to Ruby" http://www.poignantguide.net/ruby/

When you have questions you can always ask them here. Good luck!