Hello,

On 8/8/06, manowarrior <luchezar.petkov / gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm new to programming at all... and I suck at maths. Plus, I'm 16
> years old.
> My questions are:
> 1) Is Ruby a good language to start with?

Sure. It's a nice language where you don't have to worry about many
details as you have in C or Pascal.

> 2) Do I need lots of math to become a good programmer?

No. Well, programming is a tool. It depends on what you want to
achieve - if you want to do scientific simulations, then yes, you'll
need math. Otherwise, if you just want to process some text files, you
probably don't need any math.

> 3) What tutorial or a book will you suggest me, if you think that I can
> start learning?

For the really basic start, try tutorial at tryruby.hobix.com.
Then there is a really useful book Programming Ruby - the first
edition is on the web for free, the second one you have to buy. I
would recommend it if you mean it seriously.

Try ruby-lang.org, ruby-doc.org. http://poignantguide.net/ruby/

> I hope this message is not spam for your newsgroup.

I don't think so. You're welcome here, as anybody is.

J.