--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

> does the ruby interpreter use both cores automagically or do I have
> to do/program something special ?
The interpreter doesn't support multithreading itself, so all
ruby-scripts will only use 1 Core, even when they create ruby-threads.
But maybe you can use more than 1 process (e.g. call "fork" instead
creating a thread). Your OS will (hopefully) schedule the second=20
interpreter on the second core.

best regards,
Matthias

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8