On Tue, 8 Aug 2006, Christian Neukirchen wrote:
> >> Yeah, but pure FO just doesn't hack the book stuff (and indexing is a
> >> ? serious, serious hack... :)
> >>
> >> One day it'll happen, and we'll try our best to be there.
> >
> > I'll strongly disagree with this. Pure FO is more than ready to handle
> > complex technical books.
>
> Do you know which FO formatter they use?

We use AntennaHouse. It's commerical, but all of the others don't
implement enough of the FO spec(s) to really give you all of the tools
at your disposal.

> > PS: CSS, on the other hand, is not ready for high-quality typesetting,
> > as the others have said.
>
> Is there a CSS to FO translator?

Not that I know of, but part of it shouldn't be entirely impossible. The
more tricky and page-based stuff obviously wouldn't be covered.

HTH,
Keith