Hi,

I have a program which separates each line of a text file into tokens,
using whitespace as a delimiter (I do this with String.split).  This
suits my needs for the most part, but now I need the ability to treat
quoted strings as single tokens.  Note that the quoted string could be
multiple words, or even a 0-length string.

Could anyone recommend a basic strategy for doing this?  Should I deal
with this when I first tokenize each line, or should I combine tokens
appropriately during parsing when I see a double-quote?

Help would be greatly appreciated.