Folks, I'm just playing with webrick and writing a servlet
for the first time here.

I've previously used Perl's CGI.pm to write a lot of stuff,
and used extensively its tools for generating HTML, especially
forms - and having the form construction elements retain state
data.

I've started writing up a handful of similar form generation
elements for my own use form within my servlet.  If I were
writing a cgi script, I'd have, of course, used cgi.rb (which
looks like it behaves a lot like CGI.pm).

But I'm not writing cgi.  I'm writing a servlet and I can't
believe that I'm the first person who needed to generate
form elements, sometimes reusing the data from the req.query, etc.

Am I missing something?  Re-creating a wheel unnecessarily?

Can I just use cgi.rb (can I feed it the req.query)?

BTW, thanks, everyone.  I haven't had so much fun writing code
in years as I've been having in the couple of weeks since
I started playing with Ruby.

--
Plain Bread alone for e-mail, thanks.  The rest gets trashed.
No HTML in E-Mail! --    http://www.expita.com/nomime.html