NAKAMURA, Hiroshi wrote:

> Hmm.  Trying to execute TCPSocket.new(nil, 0) here.  Endpoint URL is
> broken somewhere.
>
>> d:/programming/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/soap/streamHandler.rb:109:in `old_send'
>
> Do you know what's 'old_send' here?  What version of soap4r are you using?
>
> Regards,
> // NaHi

Hi,

I'm using Soap4R 1.5.5. Regarding the old_send, that's the result of
monkey_patching, since I add some big problems with another thing. Hmm.
old_send is just send renamed. But this shouldn't be the problem, it
works on another machine and has worked on this machine. The monkey
patching looks like this:

module SOAP
   class HTTPStreamHandler
     alias :old_send :send
     def send(endpoint_url, conn_data, soapaction = nil, charset = @charset)
       ret = old_send(endpoint_url,conn_data,soapaction,charset)
       if ret.receive_string =~ /.*?(<\?xml.*?<\/soapenv:Envelope>).*?/m
         ret.receive_string = $1
       end
       ret

and the reason that is is necessary can you find here:
http://ola-bini.blogspot.com/2006/08/rails-soap4r-and-java.html

in the next to last paragraph.

Regards
--
  Ola Bini (http://ola-bini.blogspot.com)
  JvYAML, RbYAML, JRuby and Jatha contributor