On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 11:55:05PM +0900, Neumann wrote:
> There's a discussion related to this going on over at Lambda the
> Ultimate that you might enjoy:
> http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/node/1646

While I know a fair bit about Lisp dialects such as CLisp and Scheme, I
don't actually know the languages per se.  As such, I find it difficult
to be certain I'm not missing something.  Judging by what I do know,
though, it seems likely to me that the way UCBLogo handles the
parentheses "problem" is pretty damned optimal: you don't need
parentheses because expressions have default lengths (which default can
be circumvented by adding the parentheses back in).

I'm not about to go joining a Lisp mailing list to make that statement
without knowing more about "proper" Lisps, however.  Of course.

Ben Franklin: "As we enjoy great Advantages from the Inventions of
others we should be glad of an Opportunity to serve others by any
Invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously."