On Aug 3, 2006, at 6:01 PM, Eric Kolve wrote:

> I get the following warning when this code is run (extracted from
> net/https)
>
>   require 'timeout'
>   require 'socket'
>   require 'openssl'
>   s = timeout(10) { TCPSocket.open('mail.google.com', '443') }
>   ssl_context = OpenSSL::SSL::SSLContext.new
>   s = OpenSSL::SSL::SSLSocket.new(s, ssl_context)
>
> warning: using default DH parameters.
>
> Does anyone know how to resolve this?  I know you have to setup some
> pre-generated DH numbers on the context, but I haven't seen any
> examples
> how to do this.

The OpenSSL library puts out a lot of warnings, and in most cases
there doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of them.  I don't know if
I've specifically submitted a bug on this one, but I try to submit
bugs on cases where I find warnings that I can't seem to get rid of.
It's probably a good idea to submit a bug on this, since I can't find
any evidence of harm and it's pretty annoying getting this warning.

--
Luke Kanies
http://madstop.com