>> On 8/5/06, Daniel Martin <martin / snowplow.org> wrote:
>>> This appears to be the continuation of some conversation / flamewar
>>> somewhere else.  Why bring this crud over here?  Is there some reason
>>> that we should care?

No.  It looks more like trolling in an incoherent way, than a discussion with
meaningful information about lisp.

> Rick DeNatale wrote:
>> I've only recently subscribed to this list, after just sampling it for
>> a while, and I've been wondering the same thing about the apparently
>> endless discussion of the merits of C, C++, Ocaml, and Java

Apparently some people do care.  If you don't, then why reading the
thread?

On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 00:49:20 +0900, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> Whatever you opinions about any programming language are, Ruby is
> implemented in C at the moment, so C at least has *that* going for it!
> :) :)

Exactly!  It is quite useful to know C, for example to write bindings to
existing libraries, or to rewrite the parts of your program that are slow
in C.

Regards,
Kristof