On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 04:08:29 +0900, Ola Bini wrote:

> Kristof Bastiaensen wrote:
>> On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 01:51:08 +0900, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>>
>> Lisp is definitely not a core language.  The standard is about 1100 pages,
>> so it contains most of of the stuff you would expect, string handling,
>>

> You seem to confuse the language Common Lisp with the mathematical
> concept Lisp. Lisp is seven operators and a one-page denotional semantic
> definition. That's about as small and core as it gets.

No, I don't.  The post I replied to was mentioning practical programming
languages, not mathematical concepts.  Lisp can mean the family of
languages, to which Common Lisp, Emacs Lisp, and scheme belong, and the
programming language Common Lisp. But since he was mentioning scheme as a
different language, I concluded that he meant the last.  But I should have
clarified that it my post though.

Regards,
Kristof