James Edward Gray II wrote:
> On Aug 5, 2006, at 7:50 AM, junkone / rogers.com wrote:
>
> > HI
> > How can i define the header to be in the 3row of the the array loaded
> > After the array is loaded can i redefine the header.
> >
> > for eg in the following cod
> >  require "faster_csv"
> >  arr_of_arrs = FasterCSV.read("c:\\temp\\QuoteData.dat")
> >  currentPrice=arr_of_arrs.values_at(0)[0][1]
> >  arr_of_arrs.delete_at(0)
> >  arr_of_arrs.delete_at(0)
> >
> > I dont know how to define the header for the arr_of_arrs. I a unclear
> > after reading the docs
>
> I'm sorry, but I don't think I understand the question well enough to
> answer it.  Could you please show a small sample data set and what
> you would like to accomplish?
>
> James Edward Gray II

A sample data is in this link
http://www.geocities.com/murthysuresh/ABC.TXT

I am trying to load this file using
arr_of_arrs = FasterCSV.read("c:\\temp\\QuoteData.dat")

I assign the current price using
currentPrice=arr_of_arrs.values_at(0)[0][1]

I then delete the first two lines of the data as they are not useful
anymore
 arr_of_arrs.delete_at(0)
 arr_of_arrs.delete_at(0)

Now i want to use the 3rd line that u see in the link  as my header for
the csv records.
for eg the Calls should refer to the first column, Last Sale for second
column

I am not sure if this is feasible

Thanks in advance

Seede