For those of you who didn't get in to RubyConf or who didn't attend
OSCON/FOSCON, there are a couple more opportunities to visit my home
town in the context of programming languages. Second of all, there's
OOPSLA, roughly the same dates as RubyConf 2006 (October 22 -- 26)

  http://www.oopsla.org/2006/

And first, but not least, there's the International Conference on
Functional Programming (ICFP). In addition to the main conference, there
are several workshops on individual languages (Erlang, Scheme, Haskell
and ML). The main conference link (which seems to be not-responding as I
type this but was up last night) is

  http://icfp06.cs.uchicago.edu/

The language workshops are

  Haskell: http://haskell.org/haskell-workshop/2006/