On 8/4/06, Paul Battley <pbattley / gmail.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>
> 1. I really don't like the typeface used in Agile Web Development With
> Rails. Is it just me?

No, it's not just you. The font is too wide. Your eyes have to zoom
uncomfortably fast back and forth across the page to read sentences at
your normal speed (i.e. not enough words per line). Maybe it's done to
make the book have more pages, dunno.

The current crop of O'reilly books seem to have the main text font
about right. Older O'reilly books had the same problem described above
though.

Now, of course, I haven't yet seen any text more beautiful than
TeX-rendered Computer Modern. Very low badness values there -- your
eyes just glide over it like a toy hovercraft on a gymnasium floor. :)

---John