On 04/08/06, John Gabriele <jmg3000 / gmail.com> wrote:
> Besides, I prefer the quality typesetting of a real book to reading on
> my flat panel.

I, too, am someone who far prefers a nicely typeset[1], printed book
over a PDF on the monitor - even with a nice Apple Studio Display. The
internet has led me to appreciate books as something quite distinct -
I don't expect instant access; instead, I want good editing and
coherent structure and the ability to flick through and dip in and
out. I want to open the book serendipitously to a page that teaches me
something new.

I'd be more likely to buy an (X)HTML version than a PDF, actually.
There's something really daft about reading portrait-formatted,
paginated content on a computer screen.

Paul.

1. I really don't like the typeface used in Agile Web Development With
Rails. Is it just me?