On 8/2/06, Christian Neukirchen <chneukirchen / gmail.com> wrote:
> "naPOLeon" <naPOLeon.Polzer / gmx.de> writes:
>
> > I just ran over a nice code-snippet online-database: 'Programming is
> > Hard' at http://programmingishard.com/
> >
> > So let's spread our best Ruby-Code to help the others out there to
> > improve their code.
>
> This is the third kind of snippet site I see today---they all look the
> same.  Wouldn't it be more effective to unify them?
>
> --
> Christian Neukirchen  <chneukirchen / gmail.com>  http://chneukirchen.org

The increasing amount of snippet sites is pretty annoying.  There is
now programmingishard, the big bold site, and the rails tips site from
techno weenie, and a couple others I'm sure I'm missing.

I also find that all of these sites lack any sort of good search.  How
can I easily find all snippets matching "ruby" and "metaprogramming"
at the big bold site?  How about everything "rails" and "activerecord"
but not "rhtml" or "view"?  Just having a bulk listing of the 500 ruby
snippets or whatever is not very helpful...

- Rob

--
http://www.robsanheim.com
http://www.seekingalpha.com