> In programming with Fox and Ruby recently, I've come across a couple
> of weirdnesses.

Jimmy,

I've been out of town for the last week and so I'm just now seeing your
post. As Albert has already mentioned in one of his responses, sometimes the
code can crash in the underlying FOX library and there's no way for me to
catch that at the FOX-Ruby integration level.

A few months back Jeroen (FOX's author) tried to introduce C++ exception
handling into FOX so as to avoid these kinds of failures and it was met with
a *lot* of resistance. Many users' C++ compilers either didn't support
exception handling, or they didn't want to take on the overhead caused by
exception handling. And so that's been postponed, probably until
post-version-1.0. When FOX itself is able to do a better job of handling
fatal errors then I will certainly try to map those C++ exceptions to Ruby
exceptions, or whatever, that provide better information.

In the meantime, if you're still having trouble with your program and want
to send it to me, I'll try to diagnose what's going wrong.

Hope this helps,

Lyle