Hello --

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Renald Buter wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone have an idea how to dynamically add a _class_ variable to
> extending classes?
>
> I have code like this:
>
> <code>
>
>   class A
>             def properties
>               ### >> ACCESS CLASS VARIABLE << ###
>             end

At the cost of sounding thick, I'll say that I'm not sure exactly what
you're trying to do.  Can you explain a little more, or provide a
smaller example?  (Or wait for someone who gets it to answer you :-)

Also see the thread(s) from a couple of weeks ago or so on class
variables.  (See thread at [ruby-talk:19506], and also 19972 and
19974, which have to do with adding class variables to an existing
class hierarchy.)

David

--
David Alan Black