Erik Terpstra wrote:
> /home/httpd/cgi-bin/index.rb:6:in `initialize': Insecure operation -
> initialize (SecurityError)
>         from /home/httpd/cgi-bin/index.rb:6:in `new'
>         from /home/httpd/cgi-bin/index.rb:6
>
> But dira is *exactly* the same string!
> What on earth am I doing wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong. Ruby is just being very, very careful,
prefering to do nada as opposed to initate a nuclear holocaust. :-)
Since you're getting the string from the environment, it is considered
potentially harmful, unlike the string you put inside the script itself.

This might help:
	http://www.rubycentral.com/book/taint.html

--
<[ Kent Dahl ]>================<[ http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~kentda/ ]>