Hi,

In message "Re: Next Major Version (was Re: Different semantics of Proc and method call -- bug or feature?)"
    on Fri, 4 Aug 2006 00:26:39 +0900, "Rick DeNatale" <rick.denatale / gmail.com> writes:

|> The version letters will be stay in one letter each, so that 1.a will
|> be more likely than 1.10.

|Matz,
|
|I hesitate to ask YOU this, but are you really sure you want to go that way.
|
|Almost every software package I've run across keeps each level of the
|version "number" as a number, so 1.10 would be much more in line with
|standard practice than 1.a

Ah, well, I forgot to put smiley after the sentence.  No, we are not
going to name it neither "1.a" nor "1.10".  1.8.9 will be the last
release of the current stable series.  And 1.9 will be the last of the
1.x.

							matz.