------art_81019_15870072.1154591264807

On 8/3/06, Zed Shaw <zedshaw / zedshaw.com> wrote:

> The tst is going away.  0.4 won't have it so you're better off doing an
> alternative to http11.  The code for this is in the svn, ask me for help
> getting it.
>
> Also, please please please please please please please please please
> please please please please please please please don't don't don't don't
> don't don't don't don't don't don't ... hand code the HTTP parser.
>
> Use a parser generator.

Ola already replied, but we're definitely better of as you say using a
parser generator, even if it is JavaCC-based. The best way you could
probably help us is paving the way for this to be included in mongrel-core
at some point. Ideally we'd eventually like Ruby and JRuby users alike to
just install the same gems, knowing they'll come along with the appropriate
native bits for the target implementation. That's the big goal,
anyway...avoiding JRuby forks of all the same projects.

--
Contribute to RubySpec! @ www.headius.com/rubyspec
Charles Oliver Nutter @ headius.blogspot.com

------art_81019_15870072.1154591264807--