Zed Shaw wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 14:40 +0900, Charles O Nutter wrote:
>> I'm happy to announce the JRuby Extras project, on RubyForge as
>> jruby-extras. This project is intended to be a community-maintained nursery
>> of plugins and extensions to extend JRuby's capabilities and to provide
>> Java-based versions of many popular C extensions. Here's a short list of
>> projects to be nurtured under the JRuby Extras banner:
>>
>> - A Mongrel for JRuby, with Java-based http11 and tst extensions
>
> The tst is going away.  0.4 won't have it so you're better off doing an
> alternative to http11.  The code for this is in the svn, ask me for help
> getting it.
>
> Also, please please please please please please please please please
> please please please please please please please don't don't don't don't
> don't don't don't don't don't don't ... hand code the HTTP parser.
>
> Use a parser generator.
>
> Anyway, feel free to hit me up for help.

Well, the TST took only 1 hour to port, so I believe it's OK to waste
that time. Regarding the parser, we've discussed it back and forth. The
problem is that Ragel isn't available on Java yet. But hand coding it
was never an option (I've read your statements about how many security
holes get fixed by having a parser generator). Right now Danny Lagrouw
have created a JavaCC version which seems really good.

No worries, we want Mongrel on JRuby because it's _good_ at what it
does, so it would defeat our purposes to change any of that.

--
  Ola Bini (http://ola-bini.blogspot.com)
  JvYAML, RbYAML, JRuby and Jatha contributor