Hello,

I've been recently working on a project in Ruby that requires a Unix
system to send various settings to a WinNT system via DRb.  The object
on NT will then create a Tempfile based on these settings and pass the
path of this file to a third-party application.

However, I'm encountering a problem -- it appears that the Tempfiles
are created as C:\cygwin\tmp\<filename> but when Tempfile#path is
called it returns C:\temp\<filename>.  Of course, I can simply
hardcode the paths in to fix this, but I thought I post this here to
get a better idea of how DRb works.

Tempfile gets the location of the temporary directory from global
variables; but with DRb this is causing me to wonder: which system's
global variables are getting used for method calls?  I had originally
assumed that methods of an object would use the vars of the system on
which it was created, but now I'm wondering if the vars of the system
calling the method are being utilized.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

    -- Tim.