--jq0ap7NbKX2Kqbes

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 08:14:59PM +0900, Christian Neukirchen wrote:
> Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries / acm.org> writes:
>
> > On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:09:58 +0900, transfire / gmail.com wrote:
> >
> >>Now anything that responded to #to_a could use #transform. I'm not sure
> >>how far this can be taken. Can classes be undone altogegther? But in
> >>anycase, it seems very cool, and I wonder what kind of overall effect
> >>it could have on coding?
> >
> > there's a language called "self" that has no classes, only prototypes. if you
> > can find some material on that, i think you'll find it interesting.
>
> While you're at it, have a look at Slate, that also removes single-dispatch.
>
> > Ron Jeffries
> --
> Christian Neukirchen  <chneukirchen / gmail.com>  http://chneukirchen.org

CLOS (Common Lisp Object System) has multi-dispatch too.

It is more powerful than smalltalk or ruby's message based OOP
approach. It is also hard to design in, if you aren't used to it.
Given that some people coming from static languages are still
wrestling with plain old duck typing, I think it would be overkill for
ruby, and hard on a lot of people. It's just not ruby's niche.

Jgen

--
 The box said it requires Windows 95 or better so I installed Linux

--jq0ap7NbKX2Kqbes

--jq0ap7NbKX2Kqbes--