Thank you guys.  I have not tried all that has been suggested, but I
got this code emailed to me:

###
require 'rubygems'
require 'mechanize'

url="http://edge.i-hacked.com/250-working-proxies-for-safe-web-access-from-work-or-school"
agent = WWW::Mechanize.new
page = agent.get(url)

page.body.scan(/http:\/\/www\.([^"]+)/) do
       p $1
end
###

I had to install the 'mechanize' gem, but it works...overall.  I have
to figure out how to "write" the output into a text file.  but this is
pretty cool.

I will be trying the one below too.

thanks!
aaron