On Aug 2, 2006, at 6:08 AM, Morton Goldberg wrote:

> Anyone care to post their first impressions on Ruby Cookbook? I
> haven't seen it yet. I'd like hear what others think of it before
> buying or not.

Keep in mind it did *just* come out (I got mine in the mail
yesterday) and it's over 900 pages.  You'll probably need to wait a
bit for full reviews.

Just glancing through it though I'm pretty jazzed up about reading
it.  There is a metric ton of content in there and it looks to cover
just about everything to some degree.  I could see it being a very
helpful tool for most people, since your area of interest likely
receives at least some coverage.

Also, the lost dinosaur example had me laughing out loud!  ;)

Fair warning:  I wrote six of the recipes in that book, so my
opinions are probably biased.  I also have done very little real
reading yet.  Buyer beware.

James Edward Gray II