Hi, Nat!

Also las ich bei Nat Pryce [mailto:nat.pryce / b13media.com]

> [...]
>
> There is little need for this, by default, throws an exception when an
> object is sent a message it does not understand.

I see.  The feature of a guaranteed common interface for derived
classes is only needed for strongly typed languages where a method
needs to know the type it is passed to as a parameter.

Seems Bruce Eckel has taught me `Thinking in Java' too
intensively! ;-)

> It is a drawback because you now cannot instantiate an
> abstract class and
> define per-instance methods.  E.g. code like this is very useful:
>
> a = Abstract.new
> def a.method_a( n )
> end
> def a.method_b( n )

That's a freedom you may miss with pain. Indeed.

Thank you for being CC (constructively critical)!

--

Matthias Lampert, Hamburg
Just another XP and Ruby fan.