On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Alexander Schofield wrote:

> It occurs to me that being able to create recursive lambda forms
> should be possible in any language where a method is an object.
> Aside from defining a named method and creating a reference to it, is
> there any already existing way to do what I'm think of?

One could perhaps take the route similar to that of Manfred von Thun's Joy
language...

Construct a string that when you "eval" it, constructs a string and
then eval's it...

Alas, time prohibits me from trying it out now but I would be curious to
see the results of anyone elses experimentation.

Hmm. Create a proc object that when you "call" it constructs a proc object
and  calls it...

New Zealand

I'm becoming less and less convinced of humans as rational beings.
I suspect we are merely meme collectors, and the reason meme is only
kept on to help count our change.