Hello,

I am a newbie to the Ruby programming language. I have have found it
to be very absolutly brilliant for everything I wish to do with two
big exceptions.

1: I can't seem to run my Ruby CGI scripts through my apache web
server (under windows). My Perl scripts run fine.

I am having great trouble with this CGI in Ruby business. I have the
pragmatic programmers book on Ruby and well phenomenal for other
aspects of ruby programming (it has been a good friend to me during
the past few weeks).

As regards CGI in ruby......I still can't make the books basic
examples work.

My task: I am trying to pick up parameters from a form written in HTML
and then pass out the processed data in HTML. I have had a good old go
but I keep getting '500 Internal server error'. Does anyone have have
links  to a good tutorial for absolute monkeys like me!

2: I can't seem to manage to get  'exec' up and running. Here is my
code where am I going wrong.

Function: The parent passes 3 variables to multiple child processes.
Each child is given the same regexpression but a differrent file to
parse and a different file to write the matches into.

The parent calls process.wait as many times as there are children.