Massimiliano Mirra wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 10:12:31PM +0900, Michael Neumann wrote:
> > > Alternatively, is there any other way to uniformly access SQL
> > Have a look at Ruby/DBI (= Databases/DBI at RAA), a DataBase Independent interface similar
> > to Perl's DBI in it's architecture:
>
> Thanks for the pointer Michael.  Christian Werner contacted me and
> after just a couple e-mails he got ruby-odbc working under Debian too
> (which uses iODBC).  I checked Ruby/DBI at RAA but it it compiles
> under VC++ and has to be ported to other platforms, and that is still
> beyond me.  There is no Debian package yet unfortunately.

Probably you looked at John Small's Ruby/DBI package that is listed under section "database".
Have a look at the package "Ruby/DBI" in section "Database"!

Some time ago Neil Conway put an unofficial Debian package for Ruby/DBI together (it was for version 0.0.5).
Maybe there's a newer version:

  http://klamath.dyndns.org/debian

Regards,

  Michael