On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 12:47:50PM +0900, Logan Capaldo wrote:
> On Jul 31, 2006, at 11:26 PM, Chad Perrin wrote:
>
> >  Closure
> >      A "closure" is an expression (typically a function) that can
> >have
> >      free variables together with an environment that binds those
> >      variables (that "closes" the expression).
> >

> In ruby this environment always exists for a block regardless of the
> presence of free variables, since the declaration of the variables
> that are free in the block can be added after (in time) the creation
> of the closure.

I think that depends on what you mean by "creation of the closure" in
this case.  Are you talking about the code used to create it, or the
assignment of the return value of the closure's enclosing scope to a
variable?

"A script is what you give the actors.  A program
is what you give the audience." - Larry Wall