On Jul 31, 2006, at 12:35 PM, gabriele renzi wrote:

> James Edward Gray II ha scritto:
>> On Jul 30, 2006, at 9:50 PM, Michael W. Ryder wrote:
>>> Why do I sometimes see replies to posts in this group but not
>>> the  original posting?
>> This could be an issue with the gateway script between mailing
>> list  and newsgroup.  Can you post me to example replies so I can
>> look into  this?
>> James Edward Gray II
>

> I just noticed this too, for example I can read ruby-talk:204879 (
> message-id: <aedd94e4dbd9e842aa0047cbf8c85fac / ruby-forum.com> )
> but not the message it was replying to (In-reply-to:
> <44C6CEB6.6020108 / netpromi.com>).

OK, just so I'm clear, you do see this message:

   http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/204879

but you do not see this one:

   http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/203921

> I'm on the nntp side of the gw.

I'm on the mailing list and as you can see from the links above it
did seem to receive both.  Let me check the newsgroup...

Hmmm, Google Groups does show both messages:

   http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/msg/0259073f7774cd0d

and:

   http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/msg/350edcc44c92f04e

Am I missing something here?