On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 10:12:31PM +0900, Michael Neumann wrote:
> > Alternatively, is there any other way to uniformly access SQL
> Have a look at Ruby/DBI (= Databases/DBI at RAA), a DataBase Independent interface similar
> to Perl's DBI in it's architecture:

Thanks for the pointer Michael.  Christian Werner contacted me and
after just a couple e-mails he got ruby-odbc working under Debian too
(which uses iODBC).  I checked Ruby/DBI at RAA but it it compiles
under VC++ and has to be ported to other platforms, and that is still
beyond me.  There is no Debian package yet unfortunately.

Massimiliano