Sorry, what I undertook was not a very intelligent operation. My
debugging technique is primarily what I call "poking at a black
box."  I comment out code, put in lots of messages, etc. to
isolate as much as possible where the problem is.  Then I try
different ways to program around that area.  I'm not very smart,
just persistent.

--
"It requires wisdom to understand wisdom:
 the music is nothing if the audience is deaf."